1. KNOW GOD
What it means to ask Jesus into our life:
Admit we need a savior to forgive us of our sins.
“For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” Romans 3:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
Believe Jesus is God’s Son and that He can forgive our sins.
“But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
Confess your sins and need for Jesus to come into your life.
“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” I John 1:9
2. FIND FREEDOM
God wants to live our lives to the fullest. One of His ways to do that is to experience the freedom that He gives to the hurts and hang-ups of life.
You are not the mistakes that you have made. You are not the wrongs that have been done to you. In Christ, we are given a new identity.
“You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
Knowing the truth of how God looks at me and treats me is transforming. God gives me His power and strength to leave the destructive habits and patterns of my old life.” Luke 4:18-19 (Amplified Version)
- Who are you? What is God’s design and plan for your life? How has God uniquely made you?
“I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
- We invite you on a spiritual journey as you look at yourself in light of What God has designed and has planned for you. There will be several studies and resources in Grace Life Group format to assist you on your journey to do this. These include:
- Spiritual Gift Survey
- Passion Inventory
- Personality Style
- Dream Team
- Life Experience
God designs us to make a real difference in our world. From the beginning, the plan for your life was to know God well, live in His freedom, and discover His purpose for your life. Now it is time to bring these components together and give yourself away to God and serve others by helping them to start their journey.
Where to start:
- Join a Dream Team
- Become a member of the church
- Make yourself available to God to be His servant. Ask Him to help you understand His calling for your life from the material learned in Grow Track #3, “Discover Purpose.”
- Be patient. Wait on God to show you His will for your life.
Who gave Himself on our behalf that He might redeem us (purchase our freedom) from all iniquity and purify for Himself a people [to be peculiarly His own, people who are] eager and enthusiastic about [living a life that is good and filled with] beneficial deeds. Titus 2:14 (Amplified Bible)