1. We love people. No matter what: We love you. Period.
Our love for God is demonstrated by the love we have for others.
1 Corinthians 13:1-7
2. We pray. God answers prayer!
Prayer is our lifeline to God. There is a lifestyle of prayer where one talks to God throughout the whole day about everything that is going on in your life.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
There is times where we spend focused times in prayer by giving God a portion of our day by talking and listening to Him (daily quiet time or devotions), periods of fasting, keeping a prayer journal, having a prayer partner, and praying with persistence.
3. We are Christ-centered. It is all about Jesus! All of our worship, message, and ministry are focused on Jesus.
Our relationship with God begins at the empty tomb on Easter morning. It is through our trust in what Jesus did for us on the cross that gives us eternal life.
4. We make disciples.
A disciple of Jesus Christ begins that journey by spiritual birth (John 3:7) and then living a focused life about Jesus. It is the process of growing, changing, serving, becoming obedient to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
To Make Disciples:
a. Accept the personal responsibility of sharing the salvation message of Jesus.
b. Build personal relationships. On purpose, establishing relationships that we can share
Christ with others and encourage new believers to walk in God’s truth.
c. Share your personal story about how you came to Christ. Nobody has your unique account and God can use your story to open the heart of another.
d. Give a personal invitation for those who don’t know Christ to follow Him.
e. Jesus modeled how to disciple others by pouring Himself into the lives of others. Look for a child, teen, young believer to gently build the teachings of Jesus into their life.
5. We are a transformed people. Jesus changes everything! The life of Jesus living in us brings healing and holiness into our life.
a. Healing from our sins, addictions, wounds, hurts, and barriers to become free in Jesus Christ.
b. Holy living is the desire that God puts into our heart, and that takes place by the Holy Spirit filling our lives.
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
6. We are authentic. Be yourself. We are going to.
Transparent and meaningful relationships become the normal and the culture of our church family.
Much of the healing that will take place in our life will come by admitting to others our weaknesses and temptations.
7. We strive for excellence.
Doing our best is a part of worship to God and reveals how we want to treat others.
Excellence is not perfection. It is serving Christ with our best.
8. We serve. We are born again to make a difference in our world.
There are needs around us that Jesus wants us to become involved with.
- We serve by sharing with others how to invite Jesus into their hearts.
- We serve by discovering our heart’s passion and using them to help others
- We serve by finding our spiritual gift and uniting that work with our passions to serve others.
1 Peter 4:10
9. We are generous.
Generosity is being Christlike. We are never more like God than when you are giving.
- We give of our time.
- We give of our abilities
- We give our money to God
10. We are united—unity in the midst of diversity.
Working together can make great things happen at Xenia Grace Chapel for the cause of Jesus Christ.
Being a united church means:
- We handle our disagreements with love and follow Matthew 18 on settling our differences
- We protect our leaders. We recognize that God has placed people into spiritual leadership positions to give guidance.